1) Do you think of summer as a particularly good season for reading? Why or why not?
In some ways, I think curled up with a cup of hot cocoa or tea by a fireplace is a better time to read a book. But I also do like to read outside… when I have the time. Time is the hard thing about summer reading – there is always something else to do
2) Have you ever fallen asleep reading on the beach?
Yes! And got a little sunburnt because of it!!!
3) Can you recall a favorite childhood book read in the summertime?
I read a whole bunch of books in the Trixie Belden series one summer. They were some of my mom’s favorites and then became my own
4) Do you have a favorite genre for light or relaxing reading?
I don’t yet. I haven’t really been in the habit of reading for pleasure for a while. I am desperate to get back into the swing of it. When I was young, I would read book after book after book. Some of my favorite novels today are ones about the simple complexities of life: Gilead, The Cloister Life, I like reading about how other people are getting through the normal crap we deal with in our lives.
5) What is the next book on your reading list?
Right now I’ve started one called “A Blade of Grass.” But I haven’t gotten very far into it and its already overdue…. see, I’m having a hard time getting into this reading thing.