I stepped on the scale about two months ago and the number was higher than my previous personal highest. I was busy, in the midst of finishing up writing a book, and knew I didn’t have the time and energy to do anything about it.
Now that its a few months later, the book is finished and I have realized that taking care of myself isn’t something that can or should be put off. So I signed up for a six week challenge through a local “transformation center” and I’m going to give this a go.
There is a very strict nutritional plan that goes along with said challenge, and I’m working hard to keep myself on track. Basically, every meal has 4 oz of protein, 2 oz of carbs, and unlimited vegetables.
I spent today doing a bunch of meal planning and some of my food prep. Although I might get a little bored with my meals, I’m going to stick to the plan! Pinterest has been a great friend here!!!
Steel Cut Oatmeal: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/92183123603653229/
– put into 1/2 cup muffin tins. Based on the amount I cooked up in one batch, I should have 12 days worth of servings with 2 “muffins” each.
Egg White and Spinach Muffins: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/92183123603652268/
– I made the turkey sausage today (a big batch) and I’ll make the omelets tomorrow. I’m planning on 3oz egg white and 1 oz sausage per muffin
Lunch and/or Dinner:
Sheet Pan Chicken w/ Sweet Potatoes: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/92183123603651999/
– I adjusted this recipe per FTDI instructions and made 7 servings worth. I cut up the chicken into 4 oz portions and left out the apple & only used a spritz of oil. I’ve got 1 extra chicken breast I can use for a snack.
Tuna Lemon Rice: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/92183123603653739
– I haven’t made this yet, but plan to do up a big bunch of brown rice. I might just add the tuna/spinach/seasoning each morning I want to take it to lunch or add it in the evening
Balsamic Chicken and Veggies: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/570268371549956543/
– I haven’t made this yet, either
Cilantro Lime Chicken: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/60869032439694073/
– I have a batch of this going for tacos tonight. I plan to portion out leftovers and use for salad with brown rice and vegetables during the week.
Other things I’ve pinned for the future…